COME AS YOU ARE!
No matter what you have done or where you come from you are
We all have a story to tell. We all have a desire to love and to be loved. The Church is often a messy place because it's filled with messy people like you and me! A Jewish man named Jesus lived a simple yet profound life of loving others FULLY and bringing the message of God's Kingdom that he was killed for it! We believe that what happened on the cross; the death of Jesus has given us a chance for our messy lives to be made beautiful and right! God invites us to participate in God's restoration of the whole world. Join us @LovingtonNaz as we seek to continue the work of Jesus in our own lives!
Churches are often known for being judgmental and hypocritical. We aren't the perfect church (hint: there aren't any), but we do desire to be a place that loves you and welcomes you no matter what! Our desire is to be a place that is hospitable and vibrant that creates space for you to experience the JOY, PEACE, and LOVE of God. Our hope and prayer is for the Holy Spirit to transform your life in such a way that you can't explain it! Our message is Jesus and we believe Jesus and His resurrection is the HOPE of the world!
- We are a part of the Church of the Nazarene Denomination. We are a global church with more members outside of United States. Our church is growing rapidly in the global south, in Africa, and in many other places where it is unsafe to be a Jesus follower.
- At LovingtonNaz we follow the Church calendar starting with the season of Advent followed by Christmas, Lent, Easter, Pentecost, and Ordinary time. We believe that following this pattern connects with millions of Christians around the world including Catholics, Lutherans, Methodists, and many other churches that celebrate these same seasons and Holy Days.
- We also like to preach in series that connects the Scriptures to our everyday lives. God wants to do something in each of us. We believe the Bible is God's Holy Word and is just as relevant for us today as it was thousands of years ago!
- Our worship service is relaxed and mostly contemporary. We have a full worship band that plays many of the songs you hear on the radio along with modern arrangements and upbeat versions of the some of the classic hymns.
- We value families and children and create space for our little ones to learn the ways of Jesus through a children's service during the preaching moment. On the 4th Sunday of each month we have "Family Worship" and our kids are with us during the entire service.
- We also participate in the Lord's Supper on the 4th Sunday of each month. This is the great Thanksgiving meal "The Eucharist" and in this simple meal we believe God is mysteriously present and God's grace is given to us as we remember the broken body and shed blood of Jesus on the cross. As we remember this extravagant act of LOVE, we too are invited to love as Christ and to be the body of Christ in our world!
Click on the ministries tab or contact us to see how you can use your specific gifts in the church. Church only happens because of people like YOU. We would love to hear from you. Email us at email@example.com and let us know how we can help serve you and how YOU can serve others!
We are the Nazarene Church in Lovington. Our local church in Lovington was founded in 1928 and has grown and changed quite a bit. We are a church that finds its roots in the holiness movement that simply believes God wants to bring God's kingdom here and now in our real lives. Theologically, we stand with the Church across the world in believing God is Trinity - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We believe God's ultimate revelation is in the person of Jesus and is a God who LOVES and welcomes all! We believe God is on mission to make all things right and calls the church to join Him!
We desire that all people come into a saving relationship with Jesus and that all people join in God's work!
We hope that YOU will join us!